Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Retro Blog

Only retro inasmuch as I wrote this blog on the plane heading to Shanghai, but couldn't post it due to lack o' internet. Here she is.

It's about halfway through the flight to Shanghai, and I think we're somewhere near the top of the world. At least that's what it looks like on the map. Jackie thought we'd fly west, I thought we'd fly east, Ryan thought we'd fly right up and over the top. Ryan was right. :) (Sidebar: Anyone ever see that episode of The West Wing where there's a committee that wants to flip the map of the world upside-down, because they claimed that once upon a time someone just randomly decided that north was up, and there's nothing that says north can't be down? Intense. Think about it...)

(Oooh! Another sidebar: I'm watching Mulan on the in-flight tv. Isn't "I'll Make a Man Out of You" a freakin' awesome song? When they sing a cappella in unison octaves at the end?!? Gah!! Men's voices in a choral setting drive me out of my mind. In the good way.)

Anyhoo, when we got on the plane today, they were playing James Taylor's version of "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'" from Oklahoma! I thought it was a good sign. And aside from some questionable "steak" that they served for dinner, that's all I have to report.

xoxo

No comments: