Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Calculators.

So we're here in Alabama, doing Cowgirls.  And there's a part in the show where I'm in an office for an extended period of time, allegedly working on a breakdown of some numbers, and using a calculator to do so.  Tonight, I was going through the motions, and I was punching in the number 7,493.21.  And for some reason, my finger reached for some unknown button after the 7, trying to find a comma.  And immediately, I was catapulted back in my mind, to my Dad teaching me to use a calculator.  I had always assumed, before I used one, that there would be a button for a comma.  Because how else would you tell the calculator that the number you were about to type in would be more than 999?  My little 8-year-old self was shocked and amazed to learn that calculators put the commas in for you.

And this is what I was thinking about while I was supposed to be acting.

xoxo

No comments: