Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Not gonna lie, 2008 had some way ups and some way downs. But for my money, it was the best year yet. A few things that I'm thankful for...

-becoming a working actor and sticking to my goal of not having to go back to waiting tables (or something else equally as soul/energy/morale-depleting)
-finally seeing and acknowledging difficult truths that had been staring me in the face for quite some time
-real, true, heart-bursting, toe-wiggling, unable-to-wrap-your-head-around-it love
-a family unlike any other
-confronting confrontation
-my time in the rainforest, and my impending time on an island of lost toys
-the people who show up when it's truly important
-having a select few to whom i can tell anything and everything
-my continuing faith in God, despite being in a place that doesn't make that faith easy
-sunshine, rain, snow, fog, green trees, tall buildings, and everything in between
-learning how to be okay with conflict, and then letting it go
-a future that's completely unknown -- except for the fact that it's going to be amazing

Happy New Year.
xoxo

No comments: