Monday, December 29, 2008

What do I care if icicles form?

Somehow, in spite of some turbulence, trial, and tribulation, this turned into one of the best Christmases ever.

Maybe it's the fact that I chose to forgo running around my hometown in an effort to see anyone and everyone I could, and decided instead to spend concentrated time with a few people who I truly cared about being with during the holidays. Or maybe it's because FINALLY my family started talking and being open about things that we should have been talking about for years now. It could be the super-wonderful, all-alone, extra Christmas that I got to have with Ryan after my return to the city. Or Mermaid time with too much wine and Besto time, immediately following plane rides back to NYC. I like to think it might have something to do with all that time spent by the fireplace reading the Ramona Quimby books.

I don't know how or why it turned out this way, but I count myself so blessed to feel full and rejuvenated rather than let-down and dazed after this Christmas. I'm so very thankful for all of the wonderfulness that surrounds me, in the form of family, friends, and (of course) my Ryan. "Blessed is the season that engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love." I've got my love to keep me warm.

No comments: