Thursday, March 11, 2010

Zipcar

Zipcar's having a contest to win a free ZipTrip and a foldie bike.  Ryan reeeeeally wants a foldie bike, so I figured I'd try to win it for mah mayun.  They're asking people to plan a trip involving the car and the bike, and write an email in, so that's what I did.  And here's what I wrote:

So my boyfriend had this excellent idea.  We were sitting on the A train, heading home after a long day of auditions -- we're both NYC actors, and this particular day was a doozie.  (Doozy?  Doozee?  Doosie?  Whatever.)  We had both been thinking that we need a little refresher, a day out of town, or just a break from the gnarliness of the city.  ANYway, there's a stop on the A (42nd, to be exact) where my Blackberry gets service for about two seconds, and it was fated that I should get your sweet little Zipcar email just at that moment, inviting us to plan the perfect trip for a Zipcar and a folding Montague Bike.  Um, HELLO?!  He's been wanting a folding bike forever, and we love Zipping.  We were stoked.

After a few admittedly lame ideas not even worth recapping, Ryan hit on this:  "What if you just drove me upstate and dropped me off and left?"  Well when ya put it like that, it doesn't sound so great, but the refined version is much better, and here she is:  We take a spring drive to upstate NY for a couple of hours on a sunny day when the leaves are starting to pop out, pick a cool spot, and stop.  Ryan pops the Boston bike out of the trunk and we say goodbye.  He toodles off to explore, and I find a SPA for a couple of hours!  Seriously?  How perfect is this?  I'm thinking a mani, pedi, and a facial should give my sweetie enough time to tire out.  So freshly primped, I'll pick him up, pop the bike back in the trunk, and off to home on our merry way we'll go.

Tell me that doesn't sound great.  I mean, the only way it could be better would be if Zipcar sponsored the spa visit...  (Insert sly smile here.)

xoxo

No comments: