Sunday, February 21, 2010

Keep it together, folks.

So last week we saw Memphis, and I gotta tell ya -- it's a fantastic show.  The dancing is fierce, the music gets you all carried away, and you just wanna rock out all night.  HOWever, I have this to say:  I'm all for private jokes onstage, but please DON'T BREAK CHARACTER.  There was this beautiful moment, major plot revelation, there was awesome acting and singing going on, and they totally had me -- until one of the girls in the ensemble caught another's eye and started laughing inappropriately.  I mean, come on!!!  Do you believe in what you're doing?  Do you know how many girls are lined up behind you, who can do exactly what you can do, and who won't screw around onstage (especially during crucial dramatic moments)?  Tsk, tsk, darlings.  Tsk.  Tsk.

xoxo

No comments: